Classes and Events
Volunteer Registration: Chula Vista Center COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic
In partnership with the County of San Diego and City of Chula Vista, Sharp HealthCare is running a COVID-19 vaccination super site that will provide vaccinations for up to 5,000 patients a day.
Volunteers are needed to help staff the site and provide The Sharp Experience to patients. The non-medical volunteer roles include: wayfinder, line control, registration and monitors. Spanish-speaking volunteers are also needed to assist with registration.
All volunteers are now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine on-site by completing the following steps:
- Volunteers must commit to a minimum of three shifts to be eligible to receive a vaccine.
- Volunteers must sign up for volunteer shifts through Sharp Lends a Hand/Sharp.com.
- Volunteers must check in for their shift at the vaccination site with the volunteer coordinator.
- Volunteers can show that they have signed up for shifts by providing a copy of their confirmation email. We understand you may only be able to show two registrations due to how far out the schedules are open. Therefore, a verbal commitment for the third shift is acceptable.
- Volunteers will be offered the vaccine at the completion of one of their shifts, based on vaccine availability. If a vaccine is not available for a volunteer by the end of their third shift, they will be scheduled for a vaccination appointment.
- Volunteers will be provided information on how and where to obtain their second vaccine when they receive their first vaccine.
Registration is required. If your preferred date/time is full, please continue to check the website for cancelations. We are unable to keep a waitlist or accept walk-ins at this time.