Classes and Events
Medicare Open Enrollment and Protecting Yourself From Fraud
This class is designed for those already enrolled in Medicare. Those new to Medicare, whether turning 65 or getting ready to retire, should enroll for our Understanding How Medicare Works class.
This is the time of year when Medicare-eligible individuals can choose or modify their health insurance plans. The enrollment period for Medicare begins on Oct. 15 and ends on Dec. 7.
Understanding how Medicare works and making decisions about your Medicare insurance options can be confusing. Join specialists from Sharp HealthCare for this free educational class.
At this event, you will learn how to protect yourself from fraud, the difference between Medicare Advantage and Medicare supplement insurance plans, and what to consider when choosing the plan that’s right for you. You'll also have the opportunity to ask your questions.
- Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2023 (6 to 7:30 pm)
- Wednesday, Nov. 15, 2023 (2 to 3:30 pm)
In-person events at Sharp Corporate Office (8695 Spectrum Center Blvd., San Diego, CA 92123)
- Tuesday, Oct. 24, 2023, in the Spectrum Auditorium (5:30 to 7 pm)
- Tuesday Nov. 7, 2023, in the Spectrum Auditorium (6 to 7:30 pm)
- Friday, Dec. 1, 2023, in the Sharp Prebys Innovation and Education Center, Room 414 (Noon to 1:30 pm)
We also offer this class virtually in Spanish. Please go to Entienda Sus Opciones de Medicare Durante la Inscripción Abierta for more information.