Classes and Events
Sharp HealthCare's 2017 Primary Care Conference
Aloha from Maui! Sharp HealthCare invites you to attend its 14th annual Primary Care Conference from Thursday, Nov. 30, to Monday, Dec. 4, 2017.
This year’s conference will focus on the educational needs of primary care physicians, including family physicians, internists and other health care providers interested in learning about the latest developments in the field of primary care medicine.
Following this conference, attendees should be able to:
- Identify misleading or misinterpreted information found in medical literature
- Describe the latest approaches to managing heartburn and gastroesophageal reflux
- Discuss the evaluation and management of common causes of red eyes
- Identify common ophthalmologic emergencies
- Identify strategies to facilitate improved care for patients with bipolar disorder
- Summarize effective strategies for managing post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- List at least three opportunities to improve care for the frail elderly patient
- Review key studies published in the last year that will impact clinical practice
- Explore opportunities for shifting from a disease-focused model of health care to one of patient empowerment
- Employ Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD) guidelines for improved management of obstructive lung disease patients
- Summarize the role of alternative therapies for managing obstructive sleep apnea
- Outline effective treatment approaches for refractory hypertension
- Illustrate the clinical importance of an elevated urine albumin-to-creatinine ratio (UACR) as a risk factor for cardiovascular disease and the progression of chronic kidney disease
- Identify effective strategies for improving diabetes management to prevent complications
About the Grand Wailea Resort
The Grand Wailea, a Waldorf Astoria Resort, is situated on 40 lush, tropical acres fronting Wailea Beach on the southwest shore of Maui. The resort features endless activities, an award-winning spa and championship golf and tennis, as well as several pools and a water park. The ultimate destination for an immersive Hawaiian getaway, the Grand Wailea is consistently ranked among the world’s best resorts.