Sharp HealthCare has purchased the new X26P Taser to replace the X26 model, which has been discontinued by Taser. Taser has developed this updated training course which is mandatory for all Sharp Staffing Resource Network off-duty officers to attend.
The class will include the following:
- Review of Sharp Taser policy
- Recent case law on Taser use
- Review of limited use and expectations by the California Department of Public Health and the Joint Commission
- Lecture/presentation on the X26P Taser
- Hands-on practice drills and deployment of Taser
- Review of required documentation when a Taser is deployed/pointed/upholstered or verbal warnings are issued
- Written test
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
Free parking is available next to the Sharp building. Please do not park in the ABM or Bill Howe Plumbing parking lots as you may be towed.
Due to safety issues, classes are limited to 16 students and walk-ins will not be allowed.
Howard Labore is a training instructor and system investigator with the Sharp HealthCare Security Department.
Please bring your own lunch to class.