This course is designed to provide education and training for tuberculosis prevention and testing. The hybrid class includes a prerequisite self-paced online training module and an hourlong in-person skills class.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Describe transmission and pathogenesis
- Differentiate between Latent TB infection (LTBI) and active TB disease
- Demonstrate the proper administration and interpretation of the Mantoux TB skin test
- Explain the correct and incorrect methods of placing, reading and interpreting Tuberculin Skin Tests
- Explain the answers to frequently asked questions by health care workers and patients
Please note that you must be a Sharp HealthCare licensed vocational nurse, registered nurse or respiratory therapist to attend this class.
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
Cancellations will be accepted if requested 24 hours prior to the class.
As a prerequisite to the hands-on skills portion of class, you are required to take the TB 101 for Health Care Workers online class through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) website. Effective Sept. 1, 2020, the CDC no longer offers CEUs or certificates of completion. However, you will need to complete learning modules 1-6 to prepare for the in-person skills assessment and test. Take the online class.
In addition to the CDC modules, you are required to watch this 30-minute instructional video created by the Sharp Rees-Stealy Training & Education Department to prepare you for the written and practicum tests.
You may want to bring a jacket or sweater, as room temperatures may vary.
Sharp is no longer providing CEU credit for this course.