This class teaches Sharp HealthCare registered nurses the indications for use and troubleshooting techniques for the Medtronic 5392 pacemaker. A hands-on demonstration will be included.
Upon completion of this class, the student will be able to:
- Discuss the basic concepts of temporary pacemaker therapy
- Describe the common modes of pacing and state indications for each mode
- State how to institute emergency pacing
- Identify failure to pace, failure to capture, overseeing and undersensing for both single and dual chamber pacemaker therapy
- Demonstrate how to initiate pacemaker therapy, as well as stimulation and sensing thresholds, using the Medtronic 5392 pacemaker
- Analyze various ECG strips and determine appropriate nursing actions
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
Parking is available in front of the hospital or in parking structures located on Frost Street, on Health Center Drive or in front of Sharp Mary Birch. Parking fees may apply.
Classes will be cancelled if there are six of fewer participants enrolled. If you need to cancel, please do so at least two business days in advance.
Course instructors are Sharp Memorial Hospital critical care clinical nurse specialists.
This course is provider-approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider No. 70) for 4.0 contact hours.