Medical professionals only. If you do not meet one of the criteria listed below, your registration will be canceled or you will be turned away at the door.
In partnership with the County of San Diego, Sharp HealthCare is running a COVID-19 vaccination site in support of our community.
Volunteers are needed to perform vaccinations. In order to volunteer, you must be a licensed medical professional who is authorized to administer vaccines in California. This includes physicians, dentists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, registered nurses, licensed vocational nurses, pharmacists and respiratory therapists. Medical students, nursing students and pharmacy students will also be considered.
A complete list of authorized licensees is available on the California Department of Public Health website.
All volunteers are now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine on-site by completing the following steps:
- Volunteers must commit to a minimum of three shifts to be eligible to receive a vaccine.
- Volunteers must sign up for volunteer shifts through Sharp Lends a Hand/Sharp.com.
- Volunteers must check in for their shift at the vaccination site with the volunteer coordinator.
- Volunteers can show that they have signed up for shifts by providing a copy of their confirmation email. We understand you may only be able to show two registrations due to how far out the schedules are open. Therefore, a verbal commitment for the third shift is acceptable.
- Volunteers will be offered the vaccine at the completion of one of their shifts, based on vaccine availability. If a vaccine is not available for a volunteer by the end of their third shift, they will be scheduled for a vaccination appointment.
- Volunteers will be provided information on how and where to obtain their second vaccine when they receive their first vaccine.
Licensed medical professionals are also needed as volunteer vaccinators at Sharp-operated vaccination stations in Central San Diego, East County and Chula Vista. Learn More
Registration is required. If your preferred date/time is full, please continue to check the website for cancelations. We are unable to keep a waitlist or accept walk-ins at this time.
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
Free parking is available in the garage. After parking, please follow the signs and walk across the street to the Clarke Field House, which is located at 333 South Twin Oaks Valley Road. The Hunter Gymnasium is located inside the Clarke Field House.
Please make sure to provide a phone number when you register in case we have to call you with last-minute information.
Please plan to arrive promptly at the start time of your volunteer shift. A brief orientation will take place upon arrival.
- Please wear a mask. If you do not have one, masks will be provided on-site.
- Dress code: Please wear long pants (no sweatpants) and your Sharp Lends a Hand T-shirt. Please bring a sweater or long-sleeved shirt to wear under your Sharp Lends a Hand T-Shirt in case of varying temperatures. You may also want to wear sunscreen and a plain hat, as some roles will be outdoors.
- Since most roles will require standing for long periods of time, please wear comfortable, closed-toed shoes. Please do not wear sandals.
- Bring your own snacks and a refillable water bottle. Please eat only in designated areas.
- Please leave purses, jewelry and other valuables at home. Sharp HealthCare and the County of San Diego will not be responsible for any missing personal belongings.
- Please do not attend if you are sick with cold or flu symptoms, fever or other illnesses.
How do I obtain a Sharp Lends a Hand T-shirt?
The Sharp Lends a Hand T-shirts are not event-specific, so if you have volunteered in a past event, you don't need to obtain another T-shirt. If you are volunteering for the first time, you may pick up your T-shirt on-site (subject to availability) during your volunteer shift or in advance at Spectrum (Sharp employees only). We have sizes ranging from child medium to adult XXXL.
Sharp employees can pick up T-shirts in advance by going to the second floor of the Spectrum building and following the signs to the T-shirt location. Spectrum is open from 6 am to 6 pm and you must have your Sharp ID for access into the building. You can also arrange to have a Sharp employee pick one up for you. Unfortunately, we cannot interoffice mail the shirts.