This virtual three-day course teaches a step-by-step process to enhance accountability, improve performance and ensure execution. Learn how to talk about violated expectations in a way that solves problems while improving relationships, which can lead to improved individual, team and organizational effectiveness.
The objectives for this course include:
Before the accountability conversation:
- Identify the right problem and decide if and how to deal with it
- Take charge of emotions by viewing problems through sources of influence
During the accountability conversation:
- Describe the problem in a way that sets the right tone for everything that follows
- Diagnose whether the problem is due to motivation, ability or both
- Make it motivating without having to rely on power
- Make it easy by jointly identifying and removing barriers
- Deal with interruptions and side issues without getting sidetracked
After the accountability conversation:
- Determine whether the issue is entirely resolved
- Set clear action plans and follow-up methods
You must be a lead or above to attend this class. Please make sure to provide your eight-digit cost center number during registration. Your department cost center will be billed for the cost of this course ($246), whether you complete the training or not.
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
This class is for leads and above only and all positions will be verified. If you are found to not be a lead or above, your registration will be canceled and you will not be able to attend.
Classes may be canceled due to low enrollment. If a class is canceled, you will be notified in advance and will have the opportunity to attend another date.
All instructors are VitalSmarts Crucial Accountability certified trainers.
Important information for participants:
- This is a virtual class. You will need a desktop computer or laptop with a mic and speakers to participate.
- One week before the course begins, you will receive an email from Sharp University with instructions on how to access the course along with any course materials. Please make sure you provide an email address during registration.
- Please keep in mind that we may be discussing sensitive topics. We ask that you set yourself up in a quiet and private space with minimal distractions.
- You must attend all three days to receive credit. If you miss a session, you will need to re-enroll in a different class.
- All classes begin promptly at 8 am. Please join the virtual meeting 10 minutes before the start time of the class.
Please have your preparation worksheet, virtual conversation planner and virtual toolkits. All of these items will be emailed to you one week prior to the start date.
This course is provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider No. 70) for 12.0 contact hours.