Classes and Events
Volunteer Registration: Sharp Metro Campus COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic
In partnership with the County of San Diego, Sharp HealthCare is running a COVID-19 vaccination site in support of our community.
Volunteers are needed to help staff the site and provide The Sharp Experience to patients. The non-medical volunteer roles include: wayfinder, registration and monitors. Spanish-speaking volunteers are needed to assist with registration.
All volunteers are now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine on-site by completing the following steps:
- Volunteers must commit to a minimum of three shifts to be eligible to receive a vaccine.
- Volunteers must sign up for volunteer shifts through Sharp Lends a Hand/Sharp.com.
- Volunteers must check in for their shift at the vaccination site with the volunteer coordinator.
- Volunteers can show that they have signed up for shifts by providing a copy of their confirmation email. We understand you may only be able to show two registrations due to how far out the schedules are open. Therefore, a verbal commitment for the third shift is acceptable.
- Volunteers will be offered the vaccine at the completion of one of their shifts, based on vaccine availability. If a vaccine is not available for a volunteer by the end of their third shift, they will be scheduled for a vaccination appointment.
- Volunteers will be provided information on how and where to obtain their second vaccine when they receive their first vaccine.
Licensed medical professionals are also needed as volunteer vaccinators at Sharp-operated vaccination stations in East County, Chula Vista and San Marcos. Learn More
Registration is required to volunteer. Names of all volunteers are required at the time of registration and enrollments are non-transferrable.
If your preferred date/time is full, please continue to check the website for cancellations. We are unable to keep a waitlist or accept walk-ins at this time.