Here are some ways to make you aware that you’re about to touch your face:
- Pause as you lift your hand to call attention to how often you do it.
- Use a fragrant soap or lotion that triggers your nose when your hand comes near.
- Keep your hands busy by squeezing a stress ball or holding a pen. Then be sure to sanitize it regularly.
- Wear gloves, especially those made from material that will make it uncomfortable to touch your face. Note that while some gloves may protect your hands from COVID-19, they cannot prevent the spread of the virus. So, use gloves as a reminder, not a full protective measure.
- Have tissues nearby so that if you need to touch your face, you don’t do so with your bare hands.
Learn what Sharp HealthCare is doing to screen for COVID-19.