For more than 75 years, Sharp Coronado Hospital has been a lifeline for the people who live, work and play in Coronado.
In 1958, 15 years after the hospital opened its doors, the Coronado Hospital Auxiliary formed with 76 charter members. Today, more than 200 men and women generously share their time and skills (and freshly baked cookies!) with the hospital and community.
Since its founding, the auxiliary’s goal has been to enhance the spirit of Coronado by promoting health and services for island residents and visitors. To this day, the auxiliary works to ensure that a full-service hospital of the highest caliber has its doors open in Coronado.
Watch the video above for a look at the humble beginnings and storied history of Sharp Coronado Hospital and its auxiliary.