Sharp Memorial Hospital
Breast Health Navigator Program at Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion
The Nurse Navigator Program at Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion provides personalized information and guidance for breast cancer patients and their families.
The nurse navigator:
- Connects patients with available community resources, services and support
- Guides patients and their families through the complexities of the health care system
- Helps patients understand their treatment options
- Identifies financial assistance that matches health care needs
- Provides patients with compassionate, ongoing support from diagnosis through treatment and survivorship
Leading the program is a nurse navigator dedicated to our Breast Health Center patients. Maureen Wallace, RN, BSN, CCM, CN-BNRN, is a certified case manager and certified breast navigator with more than 35 years of nursing experience caring women before and after surgery. She was recently recognized with Sharp HealthCare's Sally Breuner Haugh Spirit of Caring Award.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"I provide quality, personalized care focused on the best outcomes for each of my patients."
"I enjoy the intellectual challenge of medicine, helping others and forming relationships with patients."
"Building trust is the key to helping a patient make the correct informed decision."
"I provide a top-notch team approach to delivering patient care with attention to comfort."
"I listen to my patients' health concerns to assist them in making informed choices on their care."
"The needs of each patient is always my top priority. I treat everyone with the utmost respect."
"I am grateful for the opportunity to be able to provide compassionate care for women of all ages."
"I am a firm believer in a holistic, integrative approach to cancer treatment and prevention."