Sharp Memorial Hospital
Social Work Support Services at Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion
The diagnosis and treatment of cancer can cause a great deal of stress for both patients and their families.
Sharp Memorial Hospital's licensed social worker provides one-on-one support, coping techniques and counseling that helps patients regain a sense of well being while dealing with a cancer diagnosis. The social worker also works with patients to address personal and relationship issues resulting from the cancer experience.
All counseling is free of charge and individually tailored to meet the needs of patients or their family members.
Treatment programs and services we offer.
- Educational programs
- Evaluations of individual patient needs and coping mechanisms
- Individual, couple and family counseling
- Psychosocial assessments
- Psychotherapy, including cognitive behavioral therapy and eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Referrals to a psychiatrist, as necessary, for medical treatment of emotional struggles
- Specialized support groups
To make an appointment with Sharp Memorial's outpatient services oncology social worker, please call 858-939-5015.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"I help my patients negotiate through diagnostic and treatment algorithms to reach their ultimate goal."
"Being available, affable and able are the rules to which I personally ascribe."
"I am a firm believer in a holistic, integrative approach to cancer treatment and prevention."