Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group
Sharp Rees-Stealy Awards and Recognition
Sharp Rees-Stealy offers quality, coordinated, cost-effective care delivered with the extraordinary level of care we call The Sharp Experience. We are honored to be the recipient of numerous prestigious industry awards for innovation, quality and leadership over the years. These include the following:
- Sharp Rees-Stealy won six awards in San Diego's Best Union-Tribune Readers Poll 2020 — Best Audiologist, Best Hearing Aid Store, Best In-Home Care (Medical), Best Laser Eye Center, Best Pharmacy and Best Weight Loss Clinic/Counseling.
- Sharp Rees-Stealy earned two awards — 5-star designation and Most Improved distinction — from Integrated Healthcare Association (IHA) Align. Measure. Perform. (AMP) Medicare Advantage program for measurement year 2018. The 5-star designation is the highest level of Medicare Advantage achievement and recognizes exceptional levels of quality care provided to seniors while the Most Improved distinction recognizes provider organizations that have improved their overall star rating by at least half a star.
- Sharp Rees-Stealy won five awards, including San Diego's Best Medical Group, in San Diego's Best Union-Tribune Readers Poll 2019. Other awards were Best Hearing Aid Store, Best In-Home Care (Medical), Best Laser Eye Center and Best Pharmacy.
- For the 12th consecutive year, Sharp Rees-Stealy earned Elite Status, the highest possible designation for quality care given by America's Physician Group as part of its Standards of Excellence program.
- Sharp Rees-Stealy achieved Gold Status two years in a row from the American Heart Association for blood pressure control and was one of 800 organizations nationwide to be recognized.
- Sharp Rees-Stealy received the IHA Top 10 Percent Performer recognition in the AMP domain of patient experience.
- Sharp Rees-Stealy achieved "Top 10 Percent Recognition for Patient Experience and Clinical Quality" from IHA.
- Sharp Rees-Stealy received "Full Recognition" from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for its Diabetes Prevention Program.
- Sharp Rees-Stealy received the Doyle Award from MCG Health for use of MCG Chronic Care Guidelines to reduce cardiovascular risks of patients.
- Sharp Rees-Stealy earned the Together 2 Goal® award for Best Performance — Large Group — given by the American Medical Group Association for improving care for people living with Type 2 diabetes.
- Sharp Rees-Stealy achieved Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society Stage 7 status. Health care organizations that reach Stage 7, the highest level, have fully adopted and are harnessing technology to support optimized patient care.
- Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group was selected as a 2017 Million Hearts® Hypertension Control Champion by the CDC, one of 24 Champions selected nationwide and just one of two in California.
- Achieved "Top 10% Recognition for Patient Experience" and "Top 10% Recognition for Quality" as part of IHA's Value Based Pay-for-Performance measures.
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View Sharp Rees-Stealy doctors in San Diego.
"Helping people see clearly is a privilege that brings me great happiness — personally and professionally."
"The Sharp Experience means excellent patient-focused care with an amazing team of physicians and nurses in an integrated health system."
"I aim to provide high-quality care in a friendly environment and to recognize each patient's needs."
"The Sharp Experience means the cooperation between patient and doctor, and providing the best possible care to patients in a compassionate environment."
"The Sharp Experience means each patient not only receives the best in care, but is also supported as a unique individual and leaves feeling like they were treated with kindness and respect."
"My goal is to assist my patients in becoming the happiest and healthiest they can be."
"The Sharp Experience means a remarkable environment dedicated to patient-centered care."