Sharp Community Medical Group
Consent for Treatment
Physicians are required to have patients sign a consent for any surgical or diagnostic procedures performed in their office.
The consent process includes these steps:
- Physician will discuss expected or possible risks of a procedure with the patient.
- Physician or staff will complete the appropriate consent form for the procedure.
- Patient will sign and date the consent form.
- Witness will sign and date the consent form. Note: A witness can be anyone who is not involved in the procedure.
- If the patient refuses treatment, the patient must sign the refusal to consent to treatment form.
All consents are maintained in the patient's medical record.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View Sharp Community doctors in San Diego.
"My interests are in performing interventional pain management procedures for my patients."
"I take the time to guide patients on their health care journey toward improved health."
"The Sharp Experience means patient-centered care combined with state-of-the-art technology."
"I work to involve the patient in his or her care, giving control back to the patient."
"I deliver excellent and compassionate care to the center of my attention — the patient."