Classes and Events
Healthy Hearts Nutrition Series
Sharp Weight Management and Health Education's Healthy Hearts program can help reduce your risk of heart disease and improve your overall health. This two-session series helps you to recognize and eliminate risk factors that are controllable. Essential skills that can result in a healthier lifestyle and help prevent heart disease are emphasized.
During this two-session series you will:
- Develop skills for healthy shopping
- Identify new, healthier methods of cooking at home
- Learn basic recipe modification
- Learn how to control blood pressure and cholesterol
- Learn to read food labels
- Practice making heart-healthy choices while dining out
- Understand the importance of fat and fiber
This class is free for Sharp Health Plan insurance members and offered at a discount for Sharp Rees-Stealy patients. Please call 1-800-82-SHARP to register.
If your preferred class date is full, we also offer a convenient live webinar version of this class. Please visit Health Hearts Webinar for more information.