Heart and Vascular Conference
The sixth annual Sharp Grossmont Hospital Heart and Vascular Conference is one of the region's premiere events for cardiovascular disease education. The 2014 conference will showcase nationally renowned speakers and faculty who will discuss advances in cardiovascular care.
Attendees will have an opportunity to interact with colleagues and experts in a relaxed and intimate setting at the Rancho Bernardo Inn.
Following this educational conference, attendees should be able to:
- Integrate advanced techniques and treatment options for peripheral artery disease
- Analyze areas in need of clinical and translational research to advance the care of complex patients with heart failure with preserved ejection fraction
- Apply principles and techniques of aortic valve surgery
- Describe aspects of thromboembolic disease
- Apply evidence-based medicine criteria to choose techniques and devices to treat patent foramen ovale
- Discuss management and interventions of complex stroke patients
- Discuss new diagnostic and treatment techniques for venous disease
- Critique the latest evidence supporting statin/treatment hyperlipidemia
- Receive an update on implications of health care reform initiatives
- Apply principles and epidemiology of chronic thromboembolic disease
- Examine the role of prognostication in disease management
- Analyze areas in need of PAD rehabilitation along with muscle changes with claudification and implications for rehab
- Understand cardiac and vascular rehab in the community setting
- Describe aspects of women’s cardiovascular disease
- Discuss 30-day readmission rates and how to improve quality while reducing costs
This conference is designed for physicians and allied health workers interested in the management of patients with cardiovascular disease, including family medicine, emergency medicine, interventional cardiology, interventional radiology, vascular medicine, vascular surgery, cardiothoracic surgery, endocrinology, nephrology, internal medicine, public health, neurology, geriatric medicine, physical/rehabilitation medicine, oncology, wound care, podiatry, hospitalists, intensivists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, registered nurses, endovascular operating room staff, cath lab staff and allied workers such as vascular sonographers, echocardiography and clinical laboratory specialists interested in discovering new insight on cardiovascular disease from leading experts.
Please note, when you add the conference to your registration cart, make sure to select the correct fee type from the drop-down menu in the sign-up now box ($250 for standard, $0 for non-Sharp-affliated physicians, $0 for Sharp-affiliated physicians, $0 for Sharp employees).
Select a Date
|Date & Time||Presented by||Location|
Starts Saturday, Nov. 1
7 am to 4:30 pm
Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Rancho Bernardo Inn Aragon Ballroom