Classes and Events
Heart and Vascular Conference
The eighth annual Sharp Grossmont Hospital Heart and Vascular Conference is one of the region's premiere events for cardiovascular disease education. The 2016 conference will showcase nationally renowned speakers and faculty who will discuss advances in cardiovascular care.
Attendees will have an opportunity to interact with colleagues and experts in an exciting new downtown location at the U.S. Grant Hotel.
This conference is designed for physicians who specialize in primary care, internal medicine, interventional cardiology, interventional radiology and vascular surgery, as well as hospitalists, intensivists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, registered nurses and allied health practitioners interested in discovering new insight on cardiovascular disease from leading experts.
Following this educational conference, attendees should be able to:
- Integrate advanced techniques and treatment options for trauma and vascular surgery.
- Analyze areas in need of clinical and translational treatment of managing hypertension in complex cardiorenal situations.
- Apply principles and techniques of mini maze procedure.
- Describe aspects of biomarkers in cardiovascular disease.
- Apply evidence-based criteria in the utilization of techniques and devices to manage pulmonary hypertension/right sided heart failure.
- Implement practical approaches of thromboembolic management.
- Critique the latest evidence supporting the management of claudication.
- Outline the implications of health care reform initiatives.
- List the indications and efficacy of preventive cardiology.
- Recognize and relate to the journey of healing and preventing the diabetic foot wound.
- Analyze and apply non-invasive imaging indications and benefits of ICAVL accreditation.
- Discuss the role of cardiovascular preoperative screening.