Classes and Events
Sharp HealthCare's 2016 Primary Care Conference
Aloha from the Kauai! Sharp HealthCare invites you to attend its 13th annual Primary Care Conference, Dec. 1-5, 2016.
This year’s conference will focus on the educational needs of primary care physicians, including family physicians, internists and any others interested in learning about the latest developments in the field of primary care medicine.
Following this conference, attendees should be able to:
- Discuss differences between key health issues in women compared to men
- Describe new approaches to the management of menopausal symptoms
- Identify best practices for the office management of heart failure
- Discuss emerging issues in heart failure, including device therapies
- Describe evidence-based colorectal cancer screening guidelines
- Recognize the evolution of surveillance and treatments for hepatitis C and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH)
- Discuss the latest approaches to head injuries and concussions
- Describe sports medicine conditions that are commonly seen in the primary care practice
- Predict poor outcomes in the frail elderly, including delirium
- Describe the benefits and risks regarding marijuana use
- Explain key features of Attention Deficit Disorder in the adult population
- Describe common health issues related to travel
- Discuss the latest approaches to acute chest pain
About the Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa
The Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa’s lush grounds and amenities allow guests to create their own personalized retreat. Guests can kayak in the lagoons, golf on the championship course, indulge in a reviving treatment at Anara Spa, savor fine dining or enjoy an authentic luau. The lovely setting lets guests easily explore the natural wonders of the Garden Isle, as well as the many area museums, galleries and shops.