Classes and Events
Communicating With Your Child Class
These two-part classes are designed for parents who are interested in gaining information and insight into their child's current or future communication and language development.
The instructor will review general child language milestones and suggest activities to encourage verbal communication from your child in a variety of environments.
Classes are intended for parents with children up to 3 years old. They will be conducted in a presentation format with video modeling and individual assistance from the instructor when needed during specific activities.
Class No. 1 Topics:
- Developmental communication milestones
- Jump starting verbal and gestural communication
- How to spot communication delays
- Fun and exciting ideas to use for home practice
Class No. 2 Topics:
- Expanding communication
- Playtime strategies to increase language skills
- Interactive video examples
- The do’s and don’ts of bottles, sippy cups and more
If this class is full, please call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277) Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, and asked to be placed on our waitlist.