Classes and Events
Conversational Medical Spanish Class Series
This six-week course is designed to give health care providers basic language skills to increase their ability to interact with Spanish-speaking patients. The instructor will focus mostly on ambulatory care, but many topics may be applied to other health care settings such as hospital or long-term care.
Conversation topics will include:
- Basic anatomy
- Basic commands
- Basic medical assessment questions
- Greetings and appointment information
- Preparing patients for basic procedures
- Understanding simple patient needs
- Wellness and comfort questions
Upon successful completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Apply new medical Spanish knowledge during patient care
- Learn how to explain basic procedures and diagnoses
- Understand basic medical Spanish terms
Please note, this class is not appropriate for participants who already fluent in Spanish. It will not cover medical Spanish interpretation or translation.