Physicians, registered nurses, respiratory care practitioners, physician assistants and other health care professionals who have taken an NRP course previously and have a current NRP card are able to take this course.
This NRP course allows for Performance Skills Stations review, the Integrated Skills Station (megacode) and a new learning activity focusing on Simulation and Debriefing. Although technical skills are an important component of resuscitation, the focus of simulation and debriefing is communication and teamwork. The NRP Course is based on the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the American Heart Association (AHA) Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care of the Neonate (October 2010).
All students must complete the 2010 American Academy of Pediatrics/American Heart Association Guidelines for Neonatal Resuscitation (6th Edition) self-study and online written examination prior to the date of their class. There is a fee of $23.50, which is not covered in the cost of registration:
- Go to the NRP website: www.aap.org/nrp
- Click on the logo: "Click Here NRP Online Examination" and view the requirement information prior to taking the examination.
- Pay the online fee and follow instructions on how to obtain continuing education credits.
- Upon completion of the exam, print the exam completion certificate and submit it to the instructor on the day of the simulation training.
- Lessons 1-4 + 9: Nurses working in mother-baby dyad care, lactation
- Lessons 1-9: Nurses /RT's working in NICU, LDR, Triage, Antepartum, OB OR/PACU
Please make sure that you complete the 6th Edition NRP test and not the 7th Edition. The 7th edition classes are slated to begin Jan. 1, 2017.
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm
A fee of 100 percent
will be deducted from the amount paid if you cancel your registration less than 24 hours
before the event.
For this class, parking is available in the Health Center Drive parking structure (a stork is on the roof) for a $20 fee. Street parking is available on adjacent streets around the hospital.
Please allow at least 15 minutes to park and walk to class. Please check in with the security desk in the lobby of the Knollwood Building and they will direct you to the classroom.
You must bring your picture ID and online exam completion certificate.