This one-day course employs the Pediatric Advanced Life Support curriculum designed by the American Heart Association.
The classroom, video-based, instructor-led course uses a series of simulated pediatric emergencies to reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to:
- Basic life support
- Effective resuscitation
- PALS treatment algorithms
- Pediatric assessment
- Ream dynamics
- 1- and 2-rescuer child CPR and AED use
- 1- and 2-rescuer infant CPR
- Cardiac, respiratory and shock case discussions and simulations
- Management of respiratory emergencies
- Resuscitation team concept
- Rhythm disturbances and electrical therapy
- Systematic Approach to Pediatric Assessment
- Vascular access
Upon successful completion, students will receive a two-year AHA PALS Course Completion Card.
Please note, registration for this class is required. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
A fee of 100 percent
will be deducted from the amount paid if you cancel your registration less than 24 hours
before the event.
Parking is free in the Brier Patch lot.
If you selected the option with the BLS provider option in the materials section, please follow the instructions below:
- When you sign up, add the option with the BLS provider to your cart.
- Once purchased, your "BLS for Healthcare Providers Online Part 1" course key will be emailed to you by 5 pm the next business day.
- The e-mail that you receive will include a link to the website where you will activate your course key, complete the 10 mandatory checkpoints, written evaluation and evaluation survey at your convenience.
- Print the online completion certificate. The certificate is valid for 60 days from the date of completion.
- Bring your completion certificate to your PALS renewal class and complete the skills assessment there.
- Upon a successful assessment, we will issue you a two-year AHA Healthcare Providers Card at the end of your PALS renewal class.
Participants will be practicing skills that require working on the floor and having hands-on contact with the mannequins and fellow students. If you have any physical conditions that might prevent these activities, please notify the Cardiac Training Center by calling 619-740-4226.
Classes may be cancelled due to low enrollment. If a class is cancelled, you will be notified by phone two days before the class and will have the opportunity to attend another date or receive a full refund of the registration fee.
Please note, there is a $20 replacement fee if you lose or damage your AHA course completion card.
Participants who arrive more than five minutes after the class start time will be asked to reschedule.
Please bring to class a photo ID, the PALS study guide and the online completion certificate (if you selected the BLS provider option).
A lunch break will be provided. You may bring your own food and utilize the building’s microwaves and refrigerators.
Complete the following assessments available at the AHA student website:
- BLS Skills
- Drug and Pharmacology
- ECG Rhythm Interpretation
- Effective Resuscitation team Concepts
- Practical Application of PALS Rhythms and Drugs
You will receive feedback to identify areas of weakness to help you study for the course. See pages 2-3 in the PALS Student Provider Manual for more information.
Participants can get as many as 8.0 CEU contact hours.