The Tuberculosis Skin Reading class will prepare health care workers to read PPD (tuberculosis skin test) results for patients and staff.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe transmission and pathogenesis
- Differentiate between Latent TB infection (LTBI) and active TB disease
- Demonstrate the proper administration and interpretation of the Mantoux TB skin test
- Explain the correct and incorrect methods of placing, reading and interpreting Tuberculin Skin Tests
- Explain the answers to frequently asked questions by health care workers and patients
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
Free parking is available in the large lots in front of the building. Parking for Urgent Care is available in the rear of the building.
Cancellations will be accepted and refunds processed if requested 24 hours prior to the class.
Class is instructed by Karen Buckner, RN, Hazel Blackwood, RN, and Lynne Macho, RN. Instructors have been trained by San Diego County Public Health Services.
The course is open for RNs, LVNs and respiratory therapists only. There will be return demonstrations on each other.
This course is provider approved for 3.5 BRN CEUs.