Classes and Events
Understanding How Medicare Works
This Medicare event is offered as an in-person class and online webinar depending on the date. If you are attending online, you will receive an email prior to the event that contains a link to join the webinar.
If you’re turning 65, or you’re still working and planning to retire soon, it’s time to start thinking about Medicare and your coverage options. Attend this free educational where specialists from Sharp will explain how Medicare works in clear, easy-to-understand language.
You’ll learn about Medicare Parts A and B, special enrollment requirements if you start using Medicare after age 65 and the difference between Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement insurance plans. Our specialists, along with agents from Sharp Health Plan and UnitedHealthcare, will guide you step-by-step through your enrollment options, so you can feel confident in the decisions you make.
- Thursday, Oct. 12, 2023 (6 to 7:30 pm)
- Tuesday, Nov. 14, 2023 (2 to 3:30 pm)
- Wednesday, Dec. 13, 2023 (6 to 7:30 pm)
- Friday, Oct. 13, 2023 (1 to 2:30 pm) at San Diego Oasis located in Grossmont Center
- Thursday Nov. 2, 2023 (4 to 5:30 pm) at Sharp Corporate Office in the Spectrum Auditorium
This class is also available in Spanish, please visit Entienda Cómo Funciona Medicare for more information.