This class prepares Sharp critical care nurses to provide care for patients with continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT). Class content will include: mechanism of action, review of the DaVita machine, troubleshooting of alarms, and initiation and termination of therapy.
At the end of this session, the participant will:
- Describe the mechanisms of solute/fluid removal
- State three indications for CRRT therapy
- Describe interventions to prevent and manage complications
- Demonstrate circuit and troubleshooting
- Demonstrate novice level competency on the NxStage machine
Please note that you must have approval from a lead or clinical nurse specialist prior to registering for this class.
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
Parking is available on the street in front of the Knollwood Building.
If you need to cancel, please do so at least two business days prior to the class. Classes will be canceled if there are fewer than six nurses enrolled. You will be notified in advance if the class is canceled.
Sharp course coordinators include:
- Leah Brown, clinical nurse specialist MICU, Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Erica Garcia, clinical nurse specialist SICU, Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Ani Harter, senior specialist SICU, Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Christina Kelley, lead clinical nurse/educator MICU/SICU, Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
This course is provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider No. 70) for 4.0 contact hours.