Sharp Medical Groups
Sharp's three medical groups make it easy for you to find a doctor you're comfortable with at a location that's convenient for you. Each medical group offers direct access to The Sharp Experience, clinical excellence, advanced technology and compassionate, affordable care.
Sharp Community Medical Group
- 350 locations throughout San Diego County
- Access to FollowMyHealth® — a secure, convenient patient portal where you can manage your health care online — for patients of many Sharp Community participating physicians
- Admission to your local hospital, including Sharp's four acute-care hospitals, as well as Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns
- Physician offices in your neighborhood
Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group
- 22 locations throughout San Diego County
- Access to FollowMyHealth®, a secure, convenient patient portal where you can manage your health care online
- Fully integrated medical services all in one location or near one another
- Sharp Nurse Connection®, a 24-hour phone service for patients to speak with registered nurses
SharpCare Medical Group
The newest medical group, launched in 2016, SharpCare Medical Group accepts most insurance plans, including Sharp Health Plan and includes access to over 600 specialists, representing more than 30 specialties. You also have access to FollowMyHealth®, a secure, convenient patient portal where you can manage your health care online.
The primary care doctors at SharpCare will eliminate any possible confusion from the healthcare experience by coordinating your care across the system, ensuring that you get the specialty care and services you need.
New SharpCare primary care group practices are being planned throughout San Diego and will be coming soon to a neighborhood near you.
How medical groups work.
A medical group is a network of doctors who have agreed to work together to contract with health plans and to coordinate patient care. When you choose a medical group, you are choosing the specific group of doctors who will provide your care — from primary care physicians to specialists.
If your insurance is a PPO, you do not need to choose a medical group.
If your insurance is an HMO, it is important to choose a medical group because all of your care will be provided by doctors in that group.
If you do not have insurance, we welcome you to sign up for Sharp Health Plan, which offers a variety of health insurance options for individuals, families and businesses.
Find the doctor who is right for you.
To find a Sharp-affiliated doctor in one of our medical groups, please call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or search for an SCMG doctor, Sharp Rees-Stealy doctor or SharpCare doctor.
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors specializing in primary care in San Diego.
"I provide complete health care for the whole family in a friendly and caring community practice."
"I provide a top-notch team approach to delivering patient care with attention to comfort."
"My goal is to assist my patients in becoming the happiest and healthiest they can be."
"The Sharp Experience means treating one another with respect, dignity and most importantly, compassion."
"My goal is to provide comprehensive continuing care for patients and their families."