Heart and Vascular Care
San Diego Cardiology and Heart
Leading cardiac experts are here for you.
When you see a heart doctor at Sharp HealthCare, you benefit from a team of experts skilled in the latest technology and advanced research. We're well known for our history of cardiac excellence, and each year more San Diegans choose us as their trusted provider of cardiology and vascular care.
Our patients and their families are at the center of everything we do. It's all part of the extraordinary level of care we call The Sharp Experience.
Comprehensive heart care, close to home.
At Sharp, we're proud to provide a full spectrum of heart and vascular treatments in our community. We are with you every step of the way, from prevention to diagnosis and treatment to support groups. Using advanced technologies, we treat a wide variety of cardiac conditions, including:
- Atrial fibrillation
- Congestive heart failure
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart valve disease
- Peripheral artery disease
Through our convenient Find a Doctor tool, we make choosing the right cardiovascular specialist easy.
Heart history in the making.
We are proud to build on our legacy of cardiovascular excellence in San Diego:
- First cardiac catheterization
- First open-heart surgery
- First heart transplant
- First minimally invasive heart surgery
- First to offer Watchman™ left atrial appendage closure device
- One of only three hospitals in California to offer hybrid maze procedure for atrial fibrillation
- First to offer minimally invasive transcarotid artery revascularization (TCAR) procedure for blocked arteries
- First dedicated heart and vascular center in East San Diego County
Advanced cardiovascular care, close to home.
No matter where in San Diego you live, there are heart care specialists nearby who are focused on putting you on the road to better health.
Experience our heart health classes and events.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in heart care in San Diego.
""The secret of caring for the patient is to care for the patient." — William Osler"
"The Sharp Experience is the human touch - the ability to connect with another human being."
"My goals are to advocate for the patient and to prevent cardiac emergencies by practicing preventive medicine."
"I am honored to serve as President of Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group where my colleagues and I strive to provide excellent care and always put the patient first."
- Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS)
- Bariatric surgery
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Breast cancer
- Cancer support groups
- Cardiac Training Center
- Childbirth preparation
- Chronic disease management
- City of San Diego employees
- City of San Diego health & wellness workshops
- Community events
- Congestive heart failure
- Continuing education
- Covered California
- CPR and first aid
- Embarazo y parto
- En español
- Financial and health care planning
- Gentle exercise
- Health screenings
- Integrative and complementary medicine
- Kidney transplant
- Men's health
- Mental health
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Newborn and baby care
- Pain management
- Parenting and child development
- Passport to Health City Employee Events
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Prenatal hospital tours
- Seniors and aging
- Sharp Chula Vista employees
- Sharp Coronado employees
- Sharp employee education
- Sharp Grossmont employees
- Sharp Metro employees
- Sharp-Rees Stealy employees
- Strength training
- Stress management
- Weight management
- Women's care
- Yoga and pilates
- View category descriptions
These important numbers are located on your billing statement.
Find your Sharp Rees-Stealy account number
Find your Sharp hospital account number
Find your SharpCare account number
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) governs the processing of personal information gathered from individuals while they are in the European Union (EU) and parts of the EEA (European Economic Area, which currently includes Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway).
We are sorry, but we are unable to process hospital price estimates if you live or are travelling within the EU or affiliated nations.
To learn more, call us at 858-499-5901.
Many surgery and procedure names sound similar. If possible, please provide the current procedure terminology (CPT) code, which can be found on the order from your doctor.
If you cannot provide the CPT code, please contact your doctor's office for the CPT or a detailed description of services.