Emergency rooms in San Diego
We’re here when you need emergency care.
If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, contact your primary care doctor, who will recommend the best next step for you. More about COVID-19.
At Sharp HealthCare, we’ll safely get you the 24-hour emergency care you need at our four acute-care hospitals in San Diego.
We’re taking extra precautions to keep you and our care teams safe — including special check-in procedures, screenings at facility entrances, regular cleaning, and separating patients in waiting and treatment areas.
When should I go to the emergency room?
Call 911 or visit the closest ER if you are experiencing a life- or limb-threatening emergency, including:
- Changes in mental status, such as confusion
- Chest pain or pressure
- Coughing or vomiting blood
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Severe allergic reaction
- Severe or persistent vomiting or diarrhea
- Sudden dizziness, weakness or changes in vision
- Sudden or severe pain
No Departments Found.