This course is designed to prepare nurses to care for patients with a Datascope intra-aortic balloon pump. Participants should have experience with hemodynamic monitoring.
Nurses are welcome to attend a class at any location. IABC Basics concepts are the same at all locations, although pumps may differ slightly.
Upon completion of this class, the participant will be able to:
- Correlate the anatomy and physiology associated with the cardiac cycle to an arterial pressure waveform
- Define two physiological effects achieved by the mechanics of inflation and deflation of the IABP
- Delineate major complications associated with IABP therapy
- Demonstrate proper set up of the Datascope IABP and initiation of pumping
- Describe the nursing care for patients requiring IABP support
- Discuss the consequences of improper IABP timing
- Identify four indications and three contraindications for IABP therapy
- Troubleshoot commonly encountered alarm/trigger/timing conditions for the Datascope IABP
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
Parking is available in the structures at the front and back of the main hospital, as well as in the large lot behind the main hospital. Paid valet parking is available to patients and visitors Monday through Friday, 10 am to 4 pm.
Classes may be cancelled due to low enrollment. If a class is cancelled, you will be notified in advance.
Pam Le Blanc, RN, BSN, Clinical Support Specialist, Maquet.
Participants should have experience with hemodynamic monitoring and it is mandatory that they complete the Accredited E Learning: IABC Theory Program, which is available at https://getinge.training/d/course/1010001718. Please bring the completion certificate with you to class.
This course is Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider No. 70) for 4.5 contact hours.
You must bring your RN license with you to the class to receive the CEUs.