This three-hour course is mandatory for all Sharp Memorial ICU registered nurses who are competent with continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT) skills. It will teach you how to use a new dialysis machine — the NxStage System One. The class includes a didactic approach on the components of the new system, as well as troubleshooting techniques and hands-on skills.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the cartridge fluid pathway
- Demonstrate ability to enter rate and volume therapy targets
- Demonstrate retrieval of net ultrafiltration interval volumes from OneView
- Demonstrate steps for hanging new therapy fluid bags and entering new therapy volume goals
- Identify probable causes of and demonstrate the recovery of air alarms, fluid balance system alarms and pressure alarms
- Discuss alarms common with filter clotting/clogging
- Verbalize where to find additional troubleshooting assistance
- Demonstrate the following common procedures:
-Administering NS and filter flush
-Emergency return of blood
-Planned return of blood
-Correctly turning off the OneView
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
Parking is available in front of the hospital or in parking structures located on Frost Street, on Health Center Drive or in front of Sharp Mary Birch. Parking fees may apply.
If you need to cancel, please make sure to do so at least two business days in advance.
Course presenter: MaryAnn Campos, RN, CDN
Course coordinator: Bernie Hammer, RN, CCRN
This course is provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider No. 70) for 3.0 contact hours.