This course is designed to provide Sharp HealthCare licensed nurses and respiratory therapists with education and hands-on training for tuberculosis prevention and testing. The hybrid class includes a prerequisite self-paced online training module and in-person skills class.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Describe transmission and pathogenesis
- Differentiate between Latent TB infection (LTBI) and active TB disease
- Demonstrate the proper administration and interpretation of the Mantoux TB skin test
- Explain the correct and incorrect methods of placing, reading and interpreting Tuberculin Skin Tests
- Explain the answers to frequently asked questions by health care workers and patients
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
Free parking is available in the large lots in front of the building.
This is a hands-on class. Please be prepared to practice intradermal injections on each other.
Cancellations will be accepted if requested 24 hours prior to the class.
This class is instructed by Lynne Macho, RN, MSN, a staff development specialist.
As a prerequisite to the hands-on skills portion of class (2.0 contact hours), you are required to take and pass the TB 101 for Health Care Workers online class through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's website (1.2 contact hours). Take the online class.
After passing this online course, please email your certificate along with your license number to SRS Training and Education RN or bring your certificate to class. You will not be able to participate in the hands-on skill portion of this class without this certificate.
Please wear scrubs to class. You may also wish to bring a jacket or sweater, because room temperatures may vary.
This course is provider approved for 2.0 BRN CEs.