This two-day American Heart Association (AHA) class is designed for health care providers who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies.
Students are required to manage the 10 core ACLS cases:
- Five types of prearrest emergencies (bradycardia, stable bradycardia, stable tachycardia, unstable tachycardia and acute coronary syndromes)
- Four types of cardiac arrest (simple VF/VT, complex VF/VT, PEA and asystole)
- Respiratory emergency
Students will receive a two-year AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support Course Completion Card.
Please note, registration for this class is required. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
A fee of 100 percent
will be deducted from the amount paid if you cancel your registration less than 24 hours
before the event.
Students should park in the stalls marked "College of Nursing", which are located in both the front and rear of the building.
If you selected the BLS provider option in the materials section, please follow the instructions below:
- When you sign up, add the option with the BLS provider to your cart.
- Once purchased, your "BLS for Healthcare Providers Online Part 1" course key will be emailed to you by 5 pm the next business day.
- The e-mail that you receive will include a link to the website where you will activate your course key, complete the 10 mandatory checkpoints, written evaluation and evaluation survey at your convenience.
- Print the online completion certificate. The certificate is valid for 60 days from the date of completion.
- Bring your completion certificate to your ACLS class and complete the skills assessment there.
- Upon a successful assessment, we will issue you a two-year AHA Healthcare Providers Card at the end of your ACLS class.
Classes may be cancelled due to low enrollment. If a class is cancelled, you will be notified by phone two days before the class and will have the opportunity to attend another date or receive a full refund of the registration fee.
Please note, there is a $20 replacement fee if you lose or damage your AHA course completion card.
Students who arrive after the first five minutes of class will be asked to reschedule.
Please bring the following items with you to class in order to proceed with testing:
- 2010/2015 ACLS Preparatory Study Guide or ACLS Student Study guide
- Photo ID
- Online completion certificate (if you selected the BLS renewal card option)
Non-Sharp employees will also be mailed a copy of the 2010/2015 AHA ACLS Provider Student Manual in advance, but are not required to bring the manual to the course.
If you are a Sharp HealthCare employee, you can borrow a copy of the 2010/2015 AHA ACLS Provider Student Manual at class or in advance from one of our library locations. Library locations will be sent to employees in a separate email after registration.
A lunch break will be provided and you may bring your own food. For classes at the College of Nursing, you will have access to a microwave and refrigerator.
Sharp HealthCare does not offer CME units for ACLS classes.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider No. 70) for up to 16 contact hours.