Classes and Events
Helping grandparents prepare for the new baby.
Need a different date?
Presented by Sharp Mary Birch Hospital
As your children prepare for the big day, so can you! Come and meet other expectant grandparents as a Sharp Mary Birch expert explains what's new when caring for a newborn. Attend this online class to learn how to navigate your special role in the life of your grandchild and receive the most current information on the following topics:
- Current safe sleep recommendations
- Car seat safety
- Calming a fussy baby
- Changes in newborn care
- Infant feeding basics
- Current hospital practices
- Supporting your children as they transition into parenthood
This class is offered at a discount for Sharp HealthCare employees. Please call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277) to register.
If you need to cancel your registration for this event, please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
- This class requires only one registration per couple.
- If the minimum class size requirement is not met, you may be contacted regarding a cancellation or to reschedule.
- Student Observation: If you are not an expectant parent and need to observe a class, approval must be obtained prior to attendance. Please be advised that any paid registration for observation purposes will not be refunded. To obtain approval, please call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277).
This class is taught by a certified perinatal educator.
You can attend this class via computer or mobile device (smartphone or tablet). You will be sent login instructions in a separate email from your registration confirmation. Please make sure to review the instructions in advance so that you are ready to log in at the start time of the class.
If you did not receive the login instructions, please call us at least one day before your class at 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277).