These weekly sessions focus on practical concerns of adults who are grieving the loss of a loved one who has died. Ample time is provided for questions, discussion and support.
This is a drop-in group — no registration, fee or screening necessary.
This week's class topic is remembering your loved one during the holidays.
Free visitor parking is available from the lot entrance on Spectrum Center Boulevard. Employee parking is available in the front, back and side of the Spectrum building. The four entrances on Tech Way require an activated employee badge.
If you have questions, you may email us from this page.
We are now offering support groups in both Coronado (six weeks) and Kearny Mesa (eight weeks). Please see the schedule below for a list of topics:
Kearny Mesa location
- Dec. 19: Remembering Your Loved One During the Holidays
- Jan. 23: Introduction to the Grief Process
- Jan. 30: Communicating With Family and Friends
- Feb. 6: Strategies for Coping With Grief
- Feb. 13: Mind-Body Tools for Grief
- Feb. 20: Dealing With Challenging Emotions in Grief
- Feb. 27: Guilt, Regrets and Forgiveness
- March 6: Use of Ceremony and Ritual to Promote Healing
- March 13: Who Am I Now?/ What Does Healing Look Like?
- Jan. 3: Introduction to the Grief Process
- Jan. 10: Communicating With Family and Friends
- Jan. 17: Strategies for Coping With Grief
- Jan. 24: Mind-Body Tools for Grief
- Jan. 31: Dealing With Challenging Emotions in Grief
- Feb. 7: Guilt, Regrets and Forgiveness
Please make sure to arrive a few minutes early, as each meeting will start on time. You may be turned away if the group has already started.
For the Kearny Mesa location, please check in at the front desk for directions to the meeting room.