Eating a heart-healthy diet can not only reduce your risk for developing heart disease, but can also improve your overall health. This free class will give you the essential skills to recognize and eliminate risk factors that you can control through diet and exercise.
A Sharp Rees-Stealy registered dietitian nutritionist will provide information on:
- What heart disease is and how to prevent it
- Knowing your numbers (desirable blood pressure and cholesterol levels)
- Lowering your sodium, fat and sugar intake
- Eating more fiber, fruits and vegetables
- How to read and what to look for on food labels
- Functional food for a healthy heart
This workshop is presented by Sharp HealthCare, the official health and wellness partner of the City of San Diego.
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
Free parking is available in front of the library.
Cindy McGowan, RDN, CWHC, is a registered dietitian nutritionist and wellness education specialist with the Sharp Rees-Stealy Center for Health Management.