Classes and Events
HeartMate II and HeartMate 3 Basics Class
This class is open to Sharp Memorial Hospital employees only. It will cover basic principles of left ventricular assist device (LVAD) function, troubleshooting and patient care.
At the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- State basic principles of heart failure
- Understand the design and operation of HeartMate II and HeartMate 3
- Identify HeartMate II and HeartMate 3 equipment
- Identify operating alarms and the corrective measures
- Describe nursing responsibilities for the patient with the HeartMate II and HeartMate 3
Please note that this is the in-person, hands-on didactic portion of the class. You must complete the online modules in Workday before attending.