Classes and Events
Managing Pain and Stress Class Series
This six-week program is designed to provide you with the tools to manage your chronic pain.
The first hour of each week's class is taught in a group setting by a licensed psychologist. A number of topics will be covered, including:
- Developing personal goals for pain management
- Learning about the relationship between pain and mood
- Understanding your relationship with pain
- Working with your health care team regarding treatment options
The second hour of each session will also take place in a group setting and will be led by a licensed physical therapist. A variety of stress-reducing techniques will be discussed, including:
- Deep breathing exercises
- Guided imagery
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction
- Simple stretching
Please note that this program does not include medication prescription.