Classes and Events
Managing Pain and Stress Class Series
No dates for this event are scheduled right now. Check back again soon.
Due to COVID-19, all classes will be conducted virtually utilizing Mend. The class will run the same as if it were in clinic with the same dates and times for the six-week series. The link for the Mend meeting will be emailed to you the day before the first class.
This six-week program is offered exclusively to current Sharp Rees-Stealy patients who have HMO insurance. It is designed to provide you with the tools to manage your chronic pain.
The first hour of each week's class is taught in a group setting by a licensed psychologist. A number of topics will be covered, including:
- Developing personal goals for pain management
- Learning about the relationship between pain and mood
- Understanding your relationship with pain
- Working with your health care team regarding treatment options
The second hour of each session will also take place in a group setting and will be led by a licensed physical therapist. A variety of stress-reducing techniques will be discussed, including:
- Education on how the body responds to chronic pain on a systemic level
- Meditation and guided imagery
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction
- Simple stretching
- Introductions to movement options like yoga, Pilates and tai chi
Please note that this program does not include medication prescription.