This six-week program is designed to provide you with the tools to manage your chronic pain.
The first hour of each week's class is taught in a group setting by a licensed psychologist. A number of topics will be covered, including:
- Developing personal goals for pain management
- Learning about the relationship between pain and mood
- Understanding your relationship with pain
- Working with your health care team regarding treatment options
The second hour of each session will also take place in a group setting and will be led by a licensed physical therapist. A variety of stress-reducing techniques will be discussed, including:
- Education on how the body responds to chronic pain on a systemic level
- Meditation and guided imagery
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction
- Simple stretching
- Introductions to movement options like yoga, Pilates and tai chi
Please note that this program does not include medication prescription.
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
Free parking is available in front of the building.
Dr. Angela Copeland, a licensed psychologist, and Dr. Keri Von Kalinowski, a licensed physical therapist, will teach this course.
Please plan to arrive 10 minutes before start time of the class.
Please wear comfortable clothing and dress in layers. The temperature of classrooms may vary.