Due to COVID-19, all classes will be conducted virtually utilizing Mend. The class will run the same as if it were in clinic with the same dates and times for the six-week series. The link for the Mend meeting will be emailed to you the day before the first class.
This six-week program is offered exclusively to current Sharp Rees-Stealy patients who have HMO insurance. It is designed to provide you with the tools to manage your chronic pain.
The first hour of each week's class is taught in a group setting by a licensed psychologist. A number of topics will be covered, including:
- Developing personal goals for pain management
- Learning about the relationship between pain and mood
- Understanding your relationship with pain
- Working with your health care team regarding treatment options
The second hour of each session will also take place in a group setting and will be led by a licensed physical therapist. A variety of stress-reducing techniques will be discussed, including:
- Education on how the body responds to chronic pain on a systemic level
- Meditation and guided imagery
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction
- Simple stretching
- Introductions to movement options like yoga, Pilates and tai chi
Please note that this program does not include medication prescription.
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
Dr. Angela Copeland, a licensed psychologist, and Dr. Keri Von Kalinowski, a licensed physical therapist, will teach this course.
You can attend via phone, computer or mobile device (smartphone or tablet).You will be emailed instructions on how to log in a day before the first class.
If you did not receive the login instructions, please call us at 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, from 7 am to 7 pm.