Classes and Events
Sharp McDonald Center Family Support Group
This free support group is for families who have a loved one with a substance use disorder. The online workshop provides basic information regarding substance use disorders, ways that families may assist their loved ones and support options available through Sharp McDonald Center and the community.
The goals of the group are to:
- Teach some of the basic mechanisms and principles to help understand substance use disorders
- Explore the impact substance use has on families
- Explain how maladaptive behaviors develop and are maintained
- Explore ways to help navigate the road to recovery, including tools and resources
- Provide mutual support and problem solving between group attendees
If you have questions, please contact us at 858-637-6920 or by entering your name and email address in the "Learn More" box on this page. The program lead will email you within two business days.
Login Information - 1st and 3rd Tuesdays
Join Microsoft Teams Meeting
Meeting ID: 290 483 619 994
Meeting phone number: 858-573-1718