This class will provide Sharp HealthCare critical care RNs and LVNs, as well as rehabilitation and stroke unit staff members, with an overview on essential care for stroke patients. The class covers topics such as information pertinent to assessment, treatment, patient education and core measures.
At the completion of the course, each you will be able to:
- Review basic neuroanatomy and pathophysiology
- Identify common pathologic processes in stroke
- Identify signs of stroke
- Describe treatments and management of stroke
- List risk factors and strategies to reduce risk of stroke
- State Joint Commission stroke core measures
- Identify nursing interventions including patient education
- Discuss rehabilitation assessments and services available
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
Parking is limited. Additional parking is available across the street in the Brier Patch parking lot.
Classes at Sharp Chula Vista:
Lynn Novencido, RN, MSN, CNS, CCRN, ONC, is the stroke program manager at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center.
Classes at Sharp Coronado:
Pamela Adler is a lead clinical nurse and stroke hospital champion at Sharp Coronado.
Classes at Sharp Grossmont:
Diane Royer is the stroke program manager at Sharp Grossmont Hospital.
Classes at Sharp Memorial:
Chris Sundby, MSN, RN, CEN, is the stroke program manager at Sharp Memorial Hospital.
This course is provider-approved by the California Board of Nursing (Provider No. 70) for 4.0 contact hours.