This course is designed for the ICU nurse who is ready to expand their knowledge of the following topics: ARDS with RotoProne therapy, therapeutic hypothermia, CXR interpretation and peripheral ultrafiltration. Learning will take place utilizing didactic and hands-on skills.
At the end of this class, nurses will be able to:
- Describe the early signs of ARDS and current treatment
- Demonstrate the set up and understanding of the RotoProne bed and safety considerations during proning therapy
- Describe the management of V/Q mismatching in the ARDS patient
- State the goals for and inclusion criteria of PUF therapy
- Demonstrate the setup of the PUF circuit
- Verbalize nursing care for the PUF patient and troubleshooting tips for withdrawal and infusion difficulty
- Identify new AHA criteria for therapeutic hypothermia
- Verbalize understanding of principles, pathophysiology and complications associated with therapeutic hypothermia
- Identify common conditions and devices visualized in chest radiographs
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
Parking is available on the street in front of the Knollwood Building or in the garage on Birmingham Drive. The entrance to the Birmingham parking garage requires an activated employee badge.
Noon – 4 pm: Didactic learning/lecture
4:30 – 6 pm: Participants may rotate through a series of short breakout sessions on the following devices and therapies:
- BIS monitor
- Train of four
Please eat lunch prior to coming to the class.
This course is provider-approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider No. 70) for 4.0 contact hours.
You must be able to provide your professional license number at the class receive the CEUs.