Classes and Events
Kidney Transplant Education Seminar
This seminar is a weekly offering open to the community, but geared toward renal failure patients and family members to learn about kidney and kidney pancreas transplant. Information is provided on deceased donor transplant (the United Network for Organ Sharing national waiting list) and living donation.
The seminar focuses on the following information:
- Recipient process for transplant evaluation
- Waiting for transplant
- The surgery and medications needed post-transplant
- Living donation
- Who could be considered to donate
- The testing done to ensure donor health prior to the surgery
- The process to transplant
Este curso está disponible en inglés, visite Sesión Informativa sobre Trasplantes de Riñón y Páncreas para más información.