This course is designed to prepare Sharp Chula Vista critical care nurses to provide care for patients who have had or are candidates for a transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) or Watchman left atrial appendage closure (LAAC). Class content includes an overview of each procedure and the nurse expectations for care that follow.
By attending this class, nurses will be able to:
- Review the indications and contraindications for use of TAVR
- State the possible complications associated with the TAVR procedure
- Discuss the pre- and post-procedure nursing care of patients undergoing a TAVR procedure
- Review the order sets and other documents used for a TAVR procedure
- Identify treatments for atrial fibrillation stroke risk reduction
- Describe the LAAC device procedure
- Identify potential patients for LAAC procedures
- Discuss the nursing care and documents used post Watchman procedure
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
Parking is available in the structures at the front and back of the main hospital, as well as in the large lot behind the main hospital. Paid valet parking is available to patients and visitors Monday through Friday, 10 am to 4 pm.
Christina Kelley, MSN, RN-BC, AGCNS-BC, CCRN-K, CNE, NE-BC, is a lead clinical nurse in the MICU/SICU at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center.
This course is provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider No. 70) for 2.0 contact hours. Please make sure to bring your license number with you to class. No partial credit will be awarded.