Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information and Resources
Sharp is prepared to support the health and safety of our patients, staff and caregivers. We're monitoring COVID-19 daily, working closely with health officials at all levels.
Together, we can save lives.
COVID-19 has created the greatest need for medical resources in our nation's history. Your donations go straight to the front lines of our COVID-19 response. Make a gift.
We're ready to care for you.
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, seek care right away.
At Sharp hospitals and clinics, patients with COVID-19 symptoms are treated separately from patients with other medical concerns. Your health is important to us, and we will safely get you the care you need.
- Visit the nearest emergency room for severe abdominal pain, a fracture with a bone coming through the skin, a significant head injury, sudden and severe headaches, difficulty breathing, or behavior that puts you or others at risk.
- Call 911 for life- or limb-threatening emergencies, including sudden and severe chest pain, trouble speaking or facial drooping, loss of consciousness or seizures.
- Visit an urgent care center for minor injuries, allergic reactions, urinary tract infections or other common medical issues.
- If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, contact your primary care doctor before coming to an urgent care center. Video and phone visits are available.
Sharp Rees-Stealy locations consolidating.
As part of our efforts to keep you safe, we are consolidating services at some Sharp Rees-Stealy locations, and relocating doctors and staff. Learn more.
A message from our CEO.
Read a message from Chris Howard, Sharp HealthCare's president and CEO. Learn more.
- 211 San Diego
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Food assistance resources
- National Institutes of Health
- San Diego County Health & Human Services Agency
- World Health Organization