Classes and Events
Safe Patient Handling and Mobilization Training Class for SRN Employees
This mandatory training is for employees who have patient contact and work for the Sharp Staffing Resource Network.
By the end of this class, participants will be able to:
- Describe the patient profile for the use of each piece of equipment reviewed
- Identify the location of supporting reference documents for the safe patient handling program
- Provide examples of clinical applications associated with each piece of equipment
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the transfer mobility coach on each unit
- Verbalize the reasons for a formal safe patient handling/mobilization program
- Be signed off as competent on the equipment
Please note that Sharp Grossmont employees should not take this class. They should enroll for either the Safe Patient Mobilization Competency Checkoff for Sharp Grossmont Employees or Safe Patient Mobilization Competency Checkoff for New Sharp Grossmont Employees.