Classes and Events
Stroke Care Overview Class
This online class will provide Sharp HealthCare critical care RNs with an overview on essential care for stroke patients. The class covers topics such as information pertinent to assessment, treatment, patient education and core measures.
At the completion of the course, each you will be able to:
- Review basic neuroanatomy and pathophysiology
- Identify common pathologic processes in stroke
- Identify signs of stroke
- Describe treatments and management of stroke
- List risk factors and strategies to reduce risk of stroke
- State Joint Commission stroke core measures
- Identify nursing interventions including patient education
- Discuss rehabilitation assessments and services available
If a class date is full, please call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, from 7 am to 7 pm and ask to be placed on the waitlist.