Classes and Events
Stroke Care Overview Class
Please note that the Aug. 24 class will be held online via Zoom. You will receive an email after registration with the login information.
This class will provide Sharp HealthCare critical care RNs and LVNs, as well as rehabilitation and stroke unit staff members, with an overview on essential care for stroke patients. The class covers topics such as information pertinent to assessment, treatment, patient education and core measures.
At the completion of the course, each you will be able to:
- Review basic neuroanatomy and pathophysiology
- Identify common pathologic processes in stroke
- Identify signs of stroke
- Describe treatments and management of stroke
- List risk factors and strategies to reduce risk of stroke
- State Joint Commission stroke core measures
- Identify nursing interventions including patient education
- Discuss rehabilitation assessments and services available