Classes and Events
Virtual Crucial Accountability Class
Your department cost center will be billed for the cost of this course ($195), whether you complete the training or not.
This virtual three-day course teaches a step-by-step process to enhance accountability, improve performance and ensure execution. Learn how to talk about violated expectations in a way that solves problems while improving relationships, which can lead to improved individual, team and organizational effectiveness.
The objectives for this course include:
Before the accountability conversation:
- Identify the right problem and decide if and how to deal with it
- Take charge of emotions by viewing problems through sources of influence
During the accountability conversation:
- Describe the problem in a way that sets the right tone for everything that follows
- Diagnose whether the problem is due to motivation, ability or both
- Make it motivating without having to rely on power
- Make it easy by jointly identifying and removing barriers
- Deal with interruptions and side issues without getting sidetracked
After the accountability conversation:
- Determine whether the issue is entirely resolved
- Set clear action plans and follow-up methods
You must be a lead or above to attend this class. Please make sure to provide your eight-digit cost center number during registration.
*Please note that the Microsoft Teams phone call-in feature is unavailable for this course. You must use your Sharp-issued laptop or desktop with built-in microphone and speakers to participate. You also will need to turn on your camera when prompted by the class facilitator for engagement purposes.