Radiation Therapy for Cancer Treatment
Cutting-edge radiation therapy treatment and techniques.
Sharp HealthCare uses the newest and most sophisticated radiation planning and treatment equipment available. This allows for accurate treatment planning, minimizing side effects and optimizing outcomes.
For more information on what to expect and how to prepare for your radiation therapy visit to Sharp HealthCare, read What to Expect: Radiation Treatment at Sharp.
Radiation therapies at Sharp.
Sharp offers the following radiation therapies:
- Helical TomoTherapy - image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT)
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
Techniques used during radiation therapy.
Certain techniques are available to help complement specific radiation therapy treatments. These include:
- Deep inspiration breath hold
- Respiratory gating
Why choose Sharp for radiation treatment?
- One of the first in San Diego to offer the TrueBeam™ STx radiosurgery/radiotherapy system, providing an unprecedented era in radiation therapy speed, power and precision
- Only Helical TomoTherapy treatment center in San Diego providing state-of-the-art accuracy with image-guided radiation therapy and named a TomoTherapy National Center of Excellence
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors specializing in oncology in San Diego.
"My goal is to provide positive experiences in order for my patients to get as healthy as possible, as soon as possible."
"The Sharp Experience means patient-centered care combined with state-of-the-art technology."
"Dedication and friendliness are essential in delivering superior patient care."
"My goal is to have my patients feel the warmth of my true concern for their health."
"To me, The Sharp Experience means equally giving and receiving a sense of purpose and dignity in patient care."
- Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS)
- Bariatric surgery
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Breast cancer
- Cancer support groups
- Cardiac Training Center
- Childbirth preparation
- Chronic disease management
- City of San Diego employees
- City of San Diego health & wellness workshops
- Community events
- Congestive heart failure
- Continuing education
- Embarazo y parto
- En español
- Financial and health care planning
- Gentle exercise
- Health screenings
- Integrative and complementary medicine
- Men's health
- Mental health
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Newborn and baby care
- Online education programs
- Pain management
- Parenting and child development
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Prenatal hospital tours
- Robotic surgery
- Seniors and aging
- Sharp Chula Vista employees
- Sharp Coronado employees
- Sharp employee education
- Sharp employee online education
- Sharp Grossmont employees
- Sharp Lends a Hand
- Sharp Metro employees
- Sharp-Rees Stealy employees
- Smoking cessation
- Stress management
- Weight management
- Women's care
- Yoga and pilates
- View category descriptions
These important numbers are located on your billing statement.
Find your SharpCare account number
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) governs the processing of personal information gathered from individuals while they are in the European Union (EU) and parts of the EEA (European Economic Area, which currently includes Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway).
We are sorry, but we are unable to process your price estimate if you live or are travelling within the EU or affiliated nations.
Many surgery and procedure names sound similar. If possible, please provide the current procedure terminology (CPT) code, which can be found on the order from your doctor.
If you cannot provide the CPT code, please contact your doctor's office for the CPT or a detailed description of services.