Radiation Therapy for Cancer Treatment
Cutting-edge radiation therapy treatment and techniques.
Sharp HealthCare uses the newest and most sophisticated radiation planning and treatment equipment available. This allows for accurate treatment planning, minimizing side effects and optimizing outcomes.
For more information on what to expect and how to prepare for your radiation therapy visit to Sharp HealthCare, read What to Expect: Radiation Treatment at Sharp.
Radiation therapies at Sharp.
Sharp offers the following radiation therapies:
- Helical TomoTherapy - image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT)
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
Techniques used during radiation therapy.
Certain techniques are available to help complement specific radiation therapy treatments. These include:
- Deep inspiration breath hold
- Respiratory gating
Why choose Sharp for radiation treatment?
- One of the first in San Diego to offer the TrueBeam™ STx radiosurgery/radiotherapy system, providing an unprecedented era in radiation therapy speed, power and precision
- Only Helical TomoTherapy treatment center in San Diego providing state-of-the-art accuracy with image-guided radiation therapy and named a TomoTherapy National Center of Excellence
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in oncology in San Diego.
"I am dedicated to providing exceptional, compassionate cancer care and being an advocate for my patients."
"The Sharp Experience means having the tools to be able to support my patients in all aspects of their care."
"My goal is to provide positive experiences in order for my patients to get as healthy as possible, as soon as possible."
"I provide sensitive, comprehensive care for patients with cancer and blood disorders."
"The Sharp Experience means patient-centered care combined with state-of-the-art technology."
"The Sharp Experience is a whole-patient approach to care. Sharp provides nutrition services, patient navigation, support groups, counseling and high-quality treatment."
- Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS)
- Bariatric surgery
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Breast cancer
- Cancer support groups
- Cardiac Training Center
- Childbirth preparation
- Chronic disease management
- City of San Diego employees
- Congestive heart failure
- Continuing education
- Covered California
- CPR and first aid
- Embarazo y parto
- En español
- Financial and health care planning
- Gentle exercise
- Health screenings
- Integrative and complementary medicine
- Men's health
- Mental health
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Newborn and baby care
- Pain management
- Parenting and child development
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Prenatal hospital tours
- Seniors and aging
- Sharp Chula Vista employees
- Sharp employee education
- Sharp Grossmont employees
- Sharp Metro employees
- Sharp-Rees Stealy employees
- Smoking cessation
- Stress management
- Weight management
- Women's care
- View category descriptions
These important numbers are located on your billing statement.
Find your Sharp Rees-Stealy account number
Find your Sharp hospital account number
Find your SharpCare account number
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) governs the processing of personal information gathered from individuals while they are in the European Union (EU) and parts of the EEA (European Economic Area, which currently includes Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway).
We are sorry, but we are unable to process hospital price estimates if you live or are travelling within the EU or affiliated nations.
To learn more, call us at 858-499-5901.
Many surgery and procedure names sound similar. If possible, please provide the current procedure terminology (CPT) code, which can be found on the order from your doctor.
If you cannot provide the CPT code, please contact your doctor's office for the CPT or a detailed description of services.