Radiation Therapy for Cancer Treatment
Cutting-edge radiation therapy treatment and techniques.
Sharp HealthCare uses the newest and most sophisticated radiation planning and treatment equipment available. This allows for accurate treatment planning, minimizing side effects and optimizing outcomes.
For more information on what to expect and how to prepare for your radiation therapy visit to Sharp HealthCare, read What to Expect: Radiation Treatment at Sharp.
Radiation therapies at Sharp.
Sharp offers the following radiation therapies:
- Helical TomoTherapy - image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT)
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
Techniques used during radiation therapy.
Certain techniques are available to help complement specific radiation therapy treatments. These include:
- Deep inspiration breath hold
- Respiratory gating
Why choose Sharp for radiation treatment?
- One of the first in San Diego to offer the TrueBeam™ STx radiosurgery/radiotherapy system, providing an unprecedented era in radiation therapy speed, power and precision
- Only Helical TomoTherapy treatment center in San Diego providing state-of-the-art accuracy with image-guided radiation therapy and named a TomoTherapy National Center of Excellence
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in oncology in San Diego.
"I am dedicated to providing compassionate and exceptional cancer care to my patients and caring for the whole family"
"I am dedicated to providing exceptional, compassionate cancer care and being an advocate for my patients."
"My goal is to provide information and treatment options to help you through this challenging time."
"I strive to offer excellent cancer care — either in the office, in the hospital or at home."
- Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS)
- Bariatric surgery
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Breast cancer
- Cancer support groups
- Cardiac Training Center
- Childbirth preparation
- Chronic disease management
- City of San Diego employees
- City of San Diego health & wellness workshops
- Congestive heart failure
- Continuing education
- CPR and first aid
- Embarazo y parto
- En español
- Financial and health care planning
- Gentle exercise
- Health screenings
- Integrative and complementary medicine
- Kidney transplant
- Men's health
- Mental health
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Newborn and baby care
- Pain management
- Parenting and child development
- Passport to Health City Employee Events
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Prenatal hospital tours
- Robotic surgery
- Seniors and aging
- Sharp Chula Vista employees
- Sharp Coronado employees
- Sharp employee education
- Sharp Grossmont employees
- Sharp Metro employees
- Sharp-Rees Stealy employees
- Smoking cessation
- Strength training
- Stress management
- Weight management
- Women's care
- Yoga and pilates
- View category descriptions
These important numbers are located on your billing statement.
Find your Sharp Rees-Stealy account number
Find your Sharp hospital account number
Find your SharpCare account number
Many surgery and procedure names sound similar. If possible, please provide the current procedure terminology (CPT) code, which can be found on the order from your doctor.
If you cannot provide the CPT code, please contact your doctor's office for the CPT or a detailed description of services.