Heart and Vascular Care
Heart Valve Surgery in San Diego
Offering minimally invasive valve surgery, maze procedures and aortic valve surgery.
Your heart has four valves — mitral, tricuspid, aortic and pulmonary — which ensure that blood flows in only one direction through the heart. Heart valve disease occurs when one or more heart valves do not work correctly, which can damage your heart over time.
Why choose Sharp for heart valve surgery?
- A robust team of internationally renowned health care professionals — including cardiac surgeons, cardiologists, nurses and board-certified pulmonologists and intensivists — who care for patients before surgery through rehabilitation and recovery
- We specialize in advanced cardiac care including heart transplant and mechanical circulatory support
- Our surgeons perform more than 100 heart valve repair and replacement surgeries each year, with the majority of patients receiving heart valve repair surgery
- Unparalleled experience with high-risk heart failure patients in San Diego
Our heart valve medical treatments.
Treatments for heart valve disease include drug therapy, heart valve repair surgery and heart valve replacement surgery. At Sharp, we provide the following surgical options for heart valve surgery:
- Aortic valve surgery
- Maze procedure, mitral valve repair and mitral valve surgery
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement therapy
To learn more about our services or to find a cardiovascular disease specialist, interventional cardiologist or cardiovascular surgeon who is right for you, call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in heart care in San Diego.
"I am dedicated to improving the health of people with cardiovascular disease."
"I pride myself on good communication and truly enjoy spending time with my patients."
"The best outcomes result from open communication between the physician and patient."
"I care for the complexities of the heart with compassion, understanding and the trained hands of experience."