Heart and Vascular Care
Heart Valve Surgery in San Diego
Offering minimally invasive valve surgery, maze procedures and aortic valve surgery.
Your heart has four valves — mitral, tricuspid, aortic and pulmonary — which ensure that blood flows in only one direction through the heart. Heart valve disease occurs when one or more heart valves do not work correctly, which can damage your heart over time.
Why choose Sharp for heart valve surgery?
- A robust team of internationally renowned health care professionals — including cardiac surgeons, cardiologists, nurses and board-certified pulmonologists and intensivists — who care for patients before surgery through rehabilitation and recovery
- We specialize in advanced cardiac care including heart transplant and mechanical circulatory support
- Our surgeons perform more than 100 heart valve repair and replacement surgeries each year, with the majority of patients receiving heart valve repair surgery
- Unparalleled experience with high-risk heart failure patients in San Diego
Our heart valve medical treatments.
Treatments for heart valve disease include drug therapy, heart valve repair surgery and heart valve replacement surgery. At Sharp, we provide the following surgical options for heart valve surgery:
- Aortic valve surgery
- Maze procedure, mitral valve repair and mitral valve surgery
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement therapy
To learn more about our services or to find a cardiovascular disease specialist, interventional cardiologist or cardiovascular surgeon who is right for you, call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in heart care in San Diego.
"Building trust is the key to helping a patient make the correct informed decision."
"I make sure my patients are supported and informed to lead healthy, productive lives."
"The Sharp Experience is the human touch - the ability to connect with another human being."
"My greatest pride is when I see a patient in my office and they tell me they’re doing better than before."
"I care for the complexities of the heart with compassion, understanding and the trained hands of experience."
"My goals are to advocate for the patient and to prevent cardiac emergencies by practicing preventive medicine."
"I am honored to serve as President of Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group where my colleagues and I strive to provide excellent care and always put the patient first."