Heart and Vascular Care
Heart Valve Surgery in San Diego
Offering minimally invasive valve surgery, maze procedures and aortic valve surgery.
Your heart has four valves — mitral, tricuspid, aortic and pulmonary — which ensure that blood flows in only one direction through the heart. Heart valve disease occurs when one or more heart valves do not work correctly, which can damage your heart over time.
Why choose Sharp for heart valve surgery?
- A robust team of internationally renowned health care professionals — including cardiac surgeons, cardiologists, nurses and board-certified pulmonologists and intensivists — who care for patients before surgery through rehabilitation and recovery
- We specialize in advanced cardiac care including heart transplant and mechanical circulatory support
- Our surgeons perform more than 100 heart valve repair and replacement surgeries each year, with the majority of patients receiving heart valve repair surgery
- Unparalleled experience with high-risk heart failure patients in San Diego
Our heart valve medical treatments.
Treatments for heart valve disease include drug therapy, heart valve repair surgery and heart valve replacement surgery. At Sharp, we provide the following surgical options for heart valve surgery:
- Aortic valve surgery
- Maze procedure, mitral valve repair and mitral valve surgery
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement therapy
To learn more about our services or to find a cardiovascular disease specialist, interventional cardiologist or cardiovascular surgeon who is right for you, call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm.
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors specializing in heart care in San Diego.
"The Sharp Experience for me is about keeping people healthy so they can do what they love and enjoy a fulfilling life."
"I believe that exceptional patient care stems from mutual trust and open communication."
"I strive to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective cardiovascular care possible."
"I will deliver the best care in the most efficient way, and strive for happy and satisfied patients."
"The Sharp Experience means well-informed patients receiving superior care with the latest medical technology in a sensitive and respectful setting."
"I am honored to serve as President of Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group where my colleagues and I strive to provide excellent care and always put the patient first."
"The best outcomes result from open communication between the physician and patient."
"I deliver excellent and compassionate care to the center of my attention — the patient."
- Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS)
- Bariatric surgery
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Breast cancer
- Cancer support groups
- Cardiac Training Center
- Childbirth preparation
- Chronic disease management
- City of San Diego employees
- City of San Diego health & wellness workshops
- Community events
- Congestive heart failure
- Continuing education
- Covered California
- CPR and first aid
- Embarazo y parto
- En español
- Financial and health care planning
- Health screenings
- Integrative and complementary medicine
- Men's health
- Mental health
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Newborn and baby care
- Online education programs
- Pain management
- Parenting and child development
- Passport to Health City Employee Events
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Prenatal hospital tours
- Seniors and aging
- Sharp Chula Vista employees
- Sharp Coronado employees
- Sharp employee education
- Sharp employee online education
- Sharp Grossmont employees
- Sharp Metro employees
- Sharp-Rees Stealy employees
- Smoking cessation
- Stress management
- Weight management
- Women's care
- View category descriptions
These important numbers are located on your billing statement.
Find your SharpCare account number
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) governs the processing of personal information gathered from individuals while they are in the European Union (EU) and parts of the EEA (European Economic Area, which currently includes Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway).
We are sorry, but we are unable to process hospital price estimates if you live or are travelling within the EU or affiliated nations.
To learn more, call us at 858-499-5901.
Many surgery and procedure names sound similar. If possible, please provide the current procedure terminology (CPT) code, which can be found on the order from your doctor.
If you cannot provide the CPT code, please contact your doctor's office for the CPT or a detailed description of services.